A few more random thoughts.
Here is a small collection of things on my mind today. Things I want to share, but not in a lengthy enough manner to make an entire blog out of them. So, for your brief reading pleasure:
– I’ve been seriously down-in-the-dumps since my dismissal from the burlesque troupe I was a part of. It unearthed a lot of self-esteem issues that I’ve struggled with for years, triggering a two-month bout of depression that made me feel “absent” from October, my favorite month and host to my favorite holiday. Thanks to everyone who reached out to me on social media when I was particularly down. I think I’m finally on the upswing.
– Congratulations to my brother on his recent engagement!
– WWE 2K16 plays more like a simulation than an arcade game. It took me a while to realize this, and playing it more like the latter led to frustration. Once I slowed down, paced things like a real professional wrestling match, and learned to do more than just wildly mash buttons like I’d done for wrestling games in the past, I started to see results and have fun. There may be a real life lesson in there somewhere.
– My son was the cutest baby ever on Halloween. Seriously, you guys.
– Screw you, daylight savings time. I’m not mad that the time change makes the sun set earlier. I’m mad that it’s totally screwed with my son’s sleep schedule. Babies don’t know how to tell time! So when you start keeping them up an hour later than their bodies are accustomed to, it leads to a bad night for everyone.
– My wife and I have been homeowners for a year. This feels pretty cool. One down, a lifetime to go. (Seriously, we’re never moving from this house. We’re going to grow old and die here. After years of going from apartment-to-apartment after a year or two of residence, we’re done with the moving process.)