A Potpourri of Thoughts.
There’s no one thing I want to blog about today. I have a number of smaller thoughts and topics rattling around in my brain, so I’ll just list them in bite-sized paragraphs. Here we go.
– At FanExpo Boston I did an interview with The Reality Bomb ComiCast! It was a really fun, informal chat and it was a pleasure to meet Colin, who interviewed me. We chatted about STAR POWER, how I got into making comics, future ideas, and I even name-dropped the title of our next storyline! The whole FanExpo Boston episode is worth listening to, but if you’re pressed for time my interview starts at the 53:56 mark. The podcast was recorded at my table, so you can hear the background buzz of the crowd throughout our talk, which I found to be a nice touch.
– I continue to be enamored with No Man’s Sky. I’ve blogged about this numerous times before, but I’ll happily talk about my enjoyment again. As I get deeper into the galaxy the planets become more unusual, inhospitable, and grand. The revamped storyline makes you feel like you’re in an otherworldly sci-fi odyssey, as opposed to a two-fisted blaster adventure. This is the space game I’ll be playing for a long time.
– I’m going to have nightmares about the port-a-potty at the playground yesterday. Imagine a cartoon of what a gross port-a-potty would look like. This was about ten times worse. My toddler had to use it. Twice.
– U.S. politics continue to make me mad as hell, and all my political opinions have dissolved into an outraged spray of obscenities. If you want to know what a political post from me is like these days, just bang your head and hands against your keyboard while screaming.
– My quest to read more comics in 2018 continues nicely. I may not be reading a lot of current releases, but a good comic is timeless. My latest read was the latest installment of the Blacksad series, called “Amarillo.” I didn’t find it as good as the earlier books in the series, but Amarillo is still a great read. The artwork is expressive and vibrant, and even if you don’t enjoy the story the artwork will leave you spellbound. Blacksad: Amarillo comes recommended from me.
And that’s all I’ve got to talk about today!