A Small Collection of Thoughts.
All of these things are on my mind at once as I sit down to write today’s blog, but none of them are interesting enough to stand alone as the subject of a full entry. So here’s everything on my mind right now in easy-to-swallow snippets:
– ConBust was, as always, a complete joy. I met interesting new people, reunited with old friends and convention regulars, spoke on fantastic panels, and spent a wonderful weekend with my wife. Meanwhile, my son got to spend a weekend with his grandparents, and everyone had a blast.
– I’m currently obsessed with “The Banished Heart” by Oceans of Slumber. I only recently discovered this band so I’m slowly devouring their musical catalog, but this song stands head-and-shoulders above the others I’ve heard. It’s haunting, sad, and ultimately very beautiful.
– Last week was my son’s last day at his old preschool. We had to pull him from the original preschool we enrolled him in because he was struggling with it. The teachers, facility, and his classmates were all wonderful to him. It was a matter of environment and timing. We’ve enrolled him in a more specialized program that can give him the attention he needs, and he seems very happy. But that didn’t stop me and his teacher from crying on his last day at the old preschool.
– When I’m on a long drive and I absolutely need to stay awake, I take a 5 Hour Energy shot. It not only allows me to stay awake behind the wheel, it makes me very chatty. And I talk a lot without any help from energy shots. I may have subjected my poor wife to a two hour rant about World of Warcraft’s past, present, and my speculation about its future. She may have also taken a 5 Hour Energy shot and may have been engrossed by my rambling.
– My 2018 quest to read more comics continues. I’ve read all the Jodorowsky my brain can handle, so it’s time to resume my search. I recently picked up Books 1 and 2 of RUNNERS by Sean Wang. I’ve only gotten through Book 1 and I’m really enjoying it so far. I’ll talk more about it when I’m done, but so far it comes highly recommended from yours truly.
And that’s what is on my mind right now.